'Come From Away' Fibre Expedition to Newfoundland
Join Sisterhood Fibres on a textile journey to Newfoundland/Labrador. 9 days, 8 nights of exploring Newfoundland with an emphasis on yarn shops, sheep farms, inspiration and good old fashioned fun.
Time & Location
Jul 22, 2024, 7:00 p.m. – Jul 30, 2024, 7:05 p.m.
Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
About The Event
Want to hook with birch bark? Yarn bomb in Twillingate? Linger in Quidi Vidi? Drop by Dildo? Create with seal skin? Watch whales in Witless Bay?
Join Faith & Lynn on the inaugural Sisterhood expedition to THE ROCK.. You will discover and experience what makes Newfoundland anything but ordinary. Perhaps ... what makes you anything but ordinary?
- Get yourself to St John's and the Sisterhood Road Trip kicks off from there. Includes accommodations (4 nights St John’s, 2 nights Trinity, 2 nights in Twillingate), transportation, most meals, opening reception with Shirl the Purl, fibre workshops, tours, yarn bombing, sheep farm visit, fibre shops... and much, much more including time with likeminded fibreistas.
- We're kicking off our adventure with a welcome from Shirl the Purl, co-author of the Saltwater Books
- Twacking in the village of Quidi Vidi - a quaint fishing village in the east end of St. John's.
- Lots of time to explore the Quidi Vidi Village Artisan Studios and meet some of Newfoundland's talented and delightful makers.
- Exploring Signal Hill, Cabot Tower and the famous “Jelly Bean Houses”
- Travel through the Avalon Peninsula & Conception Bay visiting Some Good Market & Seaspun Yarn Shop and Coffee Shop
- A visit with Linda Lewis, Shepherdess of Bay Knoddy Farm. Let's get up close and personal with her North Country Cheviout & Blue Faced Leicester Sheep.
- Together, we’ll create and install a Yarn Bomb with artist Nina Elliott aka the Rock Vandal in Twillilngate
- Travel the Bonavista Peninsula with a visit to Oileánach Knitwear and Yarn Shop
- A visit with Anastasia Tiller and her Funky Fibre Things.Lots of time to explore the villages of Trinity and Twillingate
- Workshops!!! Hooking with Birch Bark, Creating with Sealskin and Leather or Paper Art to Canvas
- And all the yarn shops and fibre artists we can find along the way
- An option to purchase a knitting or rug hooking kit to create as a keepsake of your journey
- Evening Sisterhood Circles
- And, of course, lots of laughs on the bus getting to know each other
- All of this for only $4,499 CDN double occupancy!!!!
- **Single Supplement is $1100 CAD*** Please let us know if you wish to share with another independent traveller to avoid the single supplement charge.
Click here for full itinerary
Let's enjoy the anticipation of the trip together. There's a private Facebook Group to share thoughts, ideas and to read about people and places we're visiting. You'll get your invite when you register. Yay!!!
To learn more and reserve your spot on this Sisterhood Trip - fill out the form at the bottom of this page
Questions? email faith @sisterhoodfibres.com