Learn about the properties of wool and how to drop spindle. (1)
Start your spinning journey with Lorna Ash of Shades of Ewe Fibreworks. All materials provided including a drop spindle and fibre to take home.
Time & Location
Nov 12, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sisterhood Fibres Studio, 567 Sand Point Road, Tatamagouche NS B0K 1V0
About The Event
Join spinner & fibre artist Lorna Ash of Shades of Ewe Fibreworks for an exploration of the craft of hand spinning using a drop spindle. You will learn essential spinning basics like fibre selection, drafting & plying, so you can gain the skills to make yarns you love.
You will learn;
- Spinning vocabulary
- How to spin singles on a top-whorl drop spindle
- About the properties of wool
- About different fibre preparations and how those differences affect your spinning and your projects
- How to ply and finish your yarn
- How use your yarn in your projects
Skill Level: No experience necessary
All materials provided including a drop spindle and fibre to take home.
- Ticket type
Drop Spindle Workshop
All materials provided including a drop spindle and fibre to take home.Price$85.00
+$12.75 HSTTax: +$12.75 HST