Learn to Spin on a Drop Spindle
Time & Location
About The Event
Join spinner & fibre artist Lorna Ash of Shades of Ewe Fibreworks for an exploration of
the craft of hand spinning using a drop spindle.
You will learn essential spinning basics like fibre selection, drafting & plying, so you can gain the skills
to make yarns you love.
You will learn;
· Spinning vocabulary
· How to spin singles on a top-whorl drop spindle
· About the properties of wool
· About different fibre preparations and how those differences affect your spinning and your projects
· How to ply and finish your yarn
· How use your yarn in your projects
Skill Level: No experience necessary
Cost: $85 All materials provided including a drop spindle and fibre to take home.
Please bring a brown bag lunch as we will have a half hour lunch break. While class sizes are being kept small to accommodate social distancing requirements in the studio, please bring your mask.
Please check your email after registering to find your payment link for this workshop.