Learn to Spin on a Drop Spindle
Time & Location
About The Event
Join spinner & fibre artist Lorna Ash of Shades of Ewe Fibreworks for
an exploration of the craft of hand spinning using a drop spindle.
You will learn essential spinning basics like fibre selection,
drafting & plying, so you can gain the skills to make yarns you love.
You will learn;
· Spinning vocabulary
· How to spin singles on a top-whorl drop spindle
· About the properties of wool
· About different fibre preparations and how those differences affect your spinning and your projects
· How to ply and finish your yarn
· How use your yarn in your projects
Skill Level: No experience necessary
All materials provided including a drop spindle and fibre to take home.
Please bring a brown bag lunch as we will have a half hour lunch break.
As per provincial regulations, you must be double vaccinated to attend this workshop. You can email you vaccination record to email@example.com or bring it with you on your phone or a print out to the event. Thanks!
You can get your Covid-19 Immunization Record at https://novascotia.flow.canimmunize.ca/en/portal
While class sizes are being kept small to accommodate social distancing requirements in the studio, please bring your mask.
- Drop Spindle Workshop$85+$12.75 HST$85+$12.75 HST0$0