Next Steps in Drop Spindling
Take your spinning to the next level with Lorna Ash of Shades of Ewe Fibreworks. Registration includes wool for spinning
Time & Location
Apr 19, 2024, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sisterhood Truro, 10 Inglis Pl, Truro, NS (2nd floor, My Home Mercantile)
About The Event
If you’ve figured out how to spin on a drop spindle and now you want to take your spinning to the next level, this is the class for you! Join Lorna Ash of Shades of Ewe Fibreworks in this workshop that will move you beyond the basics of spindle spinning and cover tips, tricks, and techniques you can use to make your spinning more fun, and more productive.
In this workshop you’ll learn about:
- Spindle physics
- How to get the most out of the different types of drop spindle
- Woolen, worsted and double drafting on a spindle
- Wind on tips and tricks
- How to spin more efficiently on your spindle
- How to spin finer singles
- Different methods of plying, including Andean and chain plying
- Wool will be provided
- A top whorl & Bottom Whorl Spindle
- Basic top and bottom whorl spindles will be available for participants to spin with during class, however participants are strongly encouraged to bring their preferred spindles, if they have them, as this would be the opportunity to explore your own tools!
Participants should have basic spindle spinning skills and should be able to spin singles and ply a 2 ply yarn using a drop spindle
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: This workshop is in our Truro Location. There are stairs
- Ticket type
Drop Spindle Workshop
Wool will be providedPrice$100.00
+$15.00 HSTTax: +$15.00 HST